Wednesday, May 30, 2018

The Training Machine

Yeah, so transfers were a big surprise. I’m staying in CS1/3 (College Station, TX), and I’m training AGAIN. I’ll also finish this training with 2 transfers left, so I wouldn’t be surprised if I trained a 4th time before going home. That would be legendary.

Elder Pinster got bumped over to the YSA program, so he didn’t go very far - he actually lives in the same apartment complex as us.

My new trainee is Elder Palmer, from a little town in Idaho. He’s a great trainee - I’m excited to see where he goes. I think that this first week has been hard on him (as it is with most missionaries!) but this week has been SUPER hot, which hasn’t helped - as hot as 96 degrees, and very humid. This week isn’t much better. Thursday will rain and then Friday will supposedly be 93 and rainy :’( I didn’t even know that it was possible to be that hot and wet. Sunday is predicted to be 99 with 40% humidity. Misery.

I’m convinced that while there are other places that are hotter and colder, nowhere has weather more uncomfortable than TX.

Our area is looking pretty empty. Elder Pinster and I tore through the investigators we had to try and get a baptism in our whitewash, and then poured all of our prime proselyting time into helping Rudy get baptized last week. It worked, but came at the expense of the rest of our teaching pool. Now we’re rebuilding.

Elder Derek Troy

Elder Troy and his new trainee, Elder Palmer.
Elder Pinster’s bday at a member’s home.
Houston, Texas, temple is finally open after being closed since last year due to the Hurricane Harvey floods.
Rudy’s baptism.
They have spent quite a bit of time helping Sis Kuttler with her yard.  She’s a sweet, 87 year old widow in their ward. We received the sweetest letter from her the other day about how much she loves and appreciates our son.  Lovely!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment