Monday, September 10, 2018

Laser focused

I’m trying to finish my mission focused, so you’ll definitely be hearing less from me until November. Sorry! I haven’t emailed anybody much the last few weeks, and that’s not going to change.

We cover a YSA campus, and it’s been surprisingly fun to proselyte there! I’m including a picture of working on campus. Elder Loveland and I split up (within sight and sound) to talk to more people. We have to stay in the ‘free speech zone’. I like to set up a whiteboard about 50 ft from the entrance of the Arts building, so that it’s the first thing all of the students getting out of class see when they exit. It’s worked really well! I think I’m getting pretty good at it.

Sometimes I talk to groups of three or more people at a time. Now I just need a milk crate to stand on! Frequently, while I’m sitting and teaching someone, other people will walk over to the board and discuss it. They often even take pictures of it.

This week the question is: “Could your spirit have existed before you were born? Where was it?” 

I’ve gotten some interesting responses!

We’ll find 4 people to teach in as many hours on campus. That would take about 14 hours of door knocking over the course of a week. Campus is super productive!

Also, here’s a pic with some of the leaders I serve with, and most of the Elders I came out with.

Love y’all! Have a great week!

Elder Derek Troy




No comments:

Post a Comment