Sunday, April 24, 2022

90 degrees and snowing

 Hey yall! 


Another beautiful week in the great state of Nebraska. 90⁰ with a tornado on Tuesday, snowing on Sunday. What a time to be alive. 

This week we got to do lots of service. All of which included raking leaves! We probably were raking leaves for about 4 hours this week. Always a good time. 

Last Monday we extended a Baptismal invitation to our friend David- and he accepted! We're so excited for David to be baptized in just a couple weeks. In about a year he will have the chance to be sealed to his wife in the temple which is SO awesome. Very excited for their family and all that is up ahead!

We have been teaching this lady recently and found out that her daughter lives with her, so we started teaching her too! They're both awesome. We actually found out that this daughter was the girlfriend of another guy we used to teach, so there's lots of connections. Hopefully it's meant to be. 

Most of the excitement this week comes from Easter! Some lovely members invited us to join their family for dinner and it was tons of fun. Lots of grandkids to keep us entertained. Good thing those guys knew Moana like the back of their hand. Haven't watched a movie in 5 months but with their play by play from a 5 year old it was like I was watching it again! Haha. Kids are so funny!

In my studies of Easter the last couple of weeks a read these verses. I hope you like them as much as I did!
I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
"8 I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore" Isaiah 16:8-11

Today for pday were starting off hot by getting our oil changed in the old equinox. Crazy stuff. Later we're planning on heading to Omaha because my greenie hasn't seen the sights yet! Of course we're going to trader Joe's too. I grew up around them but the mission really made me love that darn store. ITS AMAZING and I don't exactly know why. 

ALSO. Last transfer we went to a restaurant called Block 16 in Omaha. It was suuuuper good. As we were leaving we started reading *some* of the many award plaques coming from the food network, new York times, etc. Alton Brown named one of their burgers the best in the US.... I had gotten the chicken. SO WE WENT BACK FOR THE BURGER. It was 🤌 *chefs kiss* if you know me at all you know I'm a foodie so this was MUY exciting!!

Jesus loves you! 

Sister Katie Troy


b e e p

Bible study

Easter breakfast

snow in April face

windy...

Easter attire

THE burger

old market

 fb find 1

fb find 2


No comments:

Post a Comment