Monday, April 9, 2018

Hammock Tricks





Hello all!

Elder Pinster and I are keeping our heads up and plowing through. These last six weeks have FLOWN by (for me at least!)

We had a cool experience this week. I like to surprise Elder Pinster with responsibility (keeps him on his toes! Not that he needs it) and this week he chose where we went finding and was in charge of . After 20 or so doors and no answers, we knocked into De’Andre.

We knocked into De’Andre on a Wednesday, and his sister had just died on Saturday. He had been crying and praying for three days, waiting for a sign.

I couldn’t be prouder of Elder Pinster. He did a great job. He taught him the doctrine and shared scriptures to help De’Andre feel peace.

Elder Pinster is super excited about him. I’ve seen so many miracles like this that didn’t turn out… My expectations just aren’t super high. But my green companion has never been disappointed, and he has tons of faith! So we’re going to keep on working hard.

This P-Day I tried an idea from a friend (Shout-Out to Kelleen!) That I used to tease her for: home-made bedsheets hammocking! See the attached video for hammock tricks.

I hope everyone at home is having a great week and stayed warmer than we did. Our weather dropped 40 degrees into the mid 40’s this week! It’s better now though.

Be safe! Have fun!

Elder Derek Troy

Lunch with Mission President Peterson





No comments:

Post a Comment