Monday, April 23, 2018

It's tough, but at least I haven't been stoned...

Hello all!

We’re doing well here. 

We have two baptismal dates (the Naha family) that should have been baptized last week, but they just aren’t ‘getting it’ and don’t feel ready. They’ve declined to set a new date for the future thus far.

We also still have one date named Karla. We’re trying hard with her but her family has been very busy lately.

We did get back in with a new investigator named Kim who we’re excited to work with. She investigated the church a few years ago in California or Oklahoma. In the last 10 years she’s been divorced, had one infant die in a car accident, one child have a traumatic brain injury that left him paralyzed (he’s in a care facility) and her last child while healthy is struggling with her Mom.

Elder Pinster is growing all the time. His studies, finding, and teaching are all improving constantly.

As for myself, I’ll be honest, I hate College Station. This city is a nightmare. There are many nice people here but many rude ones too. All of the challenges here are compounded to make this the toughest area of my mission, though we’ve also been pretty successful here so far.

Our neighbors may be the worst part of this area, but that’s a whole other story, haha.

I guess Stephen didn’t enjoy getting stoned though either haha, so I’ll just keep my head up and do the job I’m assigned! I’m here for a reason.

Be safe and have fun y’all!

Elder Derek Troy

Helping at a Houston food bank.






No comments:

Post a Comment