Monday, January 3, 2022

Antarctica?

 Hey yall! 

So basically, it's cold here. I experienced my first negative temperatures and my first Midwest snow storm! Snow can be dry?? Weird. 

HUGE news, our friend Bill got baptized! He got baptized on new years eve. It was quite the journey to get there but we made it and couldn't be happier for him and his decision to be baptized. It was super icy the night of the baptism so we weren't sure if we should have it. Bill's ride to his baptism wasn't comfortable driving in the snow so said he couldn't take him. We prayed about whether we should through with it and got an overwhelming feeling that we should continue with the baptism. Not even two minutes later Bill's ride texted us saying he was on his way to pick him up. When we asked him later that night what changed his mind, he said he had had an impression to go and at least test the roads. He ended up making it to the church with no problems and was instrumental in bringing Bill unto Christ. 

Trust your gut friends! God already has a plan for you so just take a step forward and he'll push you in the right direction. 

This week we got to do two exchanges, which means we swapped companions for the day. It's super fun and so nice to get new perspective on how to better serve and teach those around you!

NYE was a party of course...haha not really but we did have sparkling cider so that was a fun treat! New years day I got to do lots of baking and if you know me you know that a day full of cooking is a day full of fun. I promise I'm not a boring person lol.

Have a good first week of January! Don't forget to set goals for yourself. 
“I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don’t set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life.” –President M. Russell Ballard

Jesus loves you! 

Sister Katie Troy

P.S. a special shoutout to all of you reading this email. I can feel your support thousands of miles away (no, seriously!). Happy New Year to my very own Mom, Dad, Derek, Sarah, Evan, Julia, Alexis, Oma, Opa, Grandpa, and each of you that have walked with me step by step.  I love you all. 





BILL!!

The bread that I'm v proud of

convert all unto Christ (including birds)

 bread in da tree

 nye ft my pepper pj's (iykyk)

exchanges <3

self care Sunday





No comments:

Post a Comment