Monday, January 10, 2022

RIP Betty White

 What's up yall! 

The weeks are starting to fly by. The days are long and the weeks are fast! Long story short, everyone has COVID. EVERYONE. All of our friends we are teaching either have COVID, we're exposed to it, or have unfortunately passed from it. It is wreaking havoc here in the Midwest. 

If you're wondering what the subject line means: our phone gets constant spam messages about random celebrities "dying" and to click this link!! (FYI don't click the links lol) One of the celebrities was Betty White so when we heard the news we were a bit confused. ANYWAYS 

This week I had the opportunity to go to MLC (missionary leadership committee, I think lol). Usually just the older missionaries and those in leadership positions get to go but I got to go 3 weeks in! Both my companions are in leadership so it was cool. It's been crazy to have so many perspectives. I was a member in the member lessons just a month ago, I know what it's like to be a young missionary and to be leaving in just a few weeks. 

Many missionaries in our mission were reassigned here because their original assignment was outside the country and closed to travel due to COVID. We got to take a sister to the airport this week and send her off to Argentina! It's weird making friends here because the either get shipped off to another country or back home right after you get to know them. 

Yesterday we had an event called Why I Believe which was awesome! We have recent converts come and share their testimonies and why they chose to join the church. Shoutout to Momma Troy for making it possible for one of our speakers to make it! At-home COVID tests are in high demand around these parts! God is good.

Today for Pday we got to play basketball and saw a bunch of historical sights in the area. I'll put a few pictures down below! 

Don't forget to forget yourselves this week. 

Jesus loves you! 

Pics:  Sorry not very many this week :/ I promise I'll shape up

tall sisters gang (I'm 5'9 and look short haha)

COMP

spooky statue

COMP pt 2


No comments:

Post a Comment