Tuesday, August 23, 2022

18÷2 months!

 Hey yall! 

Today is the day. Half way! Been a long time coming but I've got a few more hills to climb. This week we faced a few trials but we persisted nevertheless. My companion is near-fearless in missionary work and I couldn't be more proud. 

I tried my first IOWA SWEET CORN this week and let me tell you what. It's nothing like I thought it'd be. I honestly thought it would just taste like regular corn but I thought the lady that made it had dumped a bunch of sugar into it. If you've ever had Midwest sweet corn I'm sure you can back me up on this one. 

We also met with a member Roger and his sweet mom Arlene. They are just two peas in a pod. We left with ice cream and "peach dessert" in hand...and water bottles...and smiles of course. 

Jon is a new friend we found this week, his is something of a cool story. We pulled up to him in our car and he said he was busy and not interested. We started driving away and rolling up the window when he started chasing us! He said he changed his mind and wanted to hear our message about Christ. (If you want to hear a message of Christ and want to make an anonymous request just visit comeuntochrist.org) ;) Anyways he joined us for church on Sunday and were meeting again Tuesday! 

Last night we got to watch Why I Believe and I got to hear the testimony of Sandy, someone I got to teach in my last area! It was so cool to see that the seed the Spirit had planted in her heart had grown so much. I kinda can't believe we went from hanging teddy bears from the ceiling and cleaning her fridge to her getting baptized! The Lord works in mysterious ways. 

My spiritual thought this week goes with the screenshot ill include below. The screenshot is of Alma 7:11 in the Book of Mormon in the Kinyarwandan language (not sure I spelled that correctly). Thays our friend Jean-Pierres first language and we were able to show him that he could read the Book of Mormon in his own language. He was excited about it and said "this is very good!".

"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people."

Jesus loves you, 

Sister Katie Troy 

kitten



chx dumplings 


grasshopper that stayed with us for 15 MILES

 monkey bread madness


Kinyarwandan




No comments:

Post a Comment