Sunday, October 16, 2022

Two Fine Mormons

 Hey yall! 


Another blessed week in the promised land (council bluffs). This week we had great success all thanks to the Lord and His great work. Seriously though, nothing brings greater joy then teaching people about Jesus Christ! 

One of the people found is Seth's friend Broc! I met Seth in January and he was baptized soon after in March. His friend Broc said he's ready to join the church after about 10 years of going in and out. We're so excited to answer all of his many questions and help him feel the Spirit. 

On Wednesday we went to activity days and decorated some wonderful cupcakes (pictures provided). Those girls have so much energy I almost felt old. I'm still having nightmares about how many sprinkles those girls put on those innocent cupcakes. Nightmares. Just kidding haha Sister Arnold and my cupcakes are slightly scarier. One more than the other... which is which? 

Friday was MLC! We set some big goals and got to discuss how we as missionaries can improve. I'm excited to put forth my best effort to reach those goals. The Nebraska Omaha Mission truly has some of the finest missionaries in the world. 

Which was so kindly recognized by some men we met on the street a few days ago! Don't worry they were (mostly) harmless but that's where the title comes from ;) haha every now and again we'll find people like that but they're pretty few and far between. 

Today for pday we went and played marbles with Harold! Harold is the nice older man who makes us pie all the time. Today he made us vanilla cream with Bananas! Also in case you were wondering Harold is absolutely NASTY at marbles. How is that even possible? I don't know but Sister Arnold beat him once and I never got that good. 

Spiritual thought of the week comes from Joseph Smith History as he recounts his feelings following the first vision. "who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it;" JSH 1:25 (a portion). If God loves us enough to answer the humble prayer of a 14 year old farm boy, why not yours? 

Jesus loves you, 

Sister Katie Troy 
cupcakes

cupcakes

spooky szn

HAROLD

 justserve©️

pre-mlc

BOM in Lil library


No comments:

Post a Comment