Sunday, January 29, 2023

carmen the green dot

 Hey yall! 


Day 400-something as a missionary and living the dream. This week we had to let go of quite a few people we were teaching so that was hard. But the Lord provided more people that want to learn about the restored gospel! 

We found 10 new people which is awesome! One of them is carmen (subject line). When we start teaching someone new we keep track in our phones and a new person being taught is a green colored dot. Sister Mickelson and I made up a song this week for when we find someone new and lemme tell yall. It's the little things! 

On Wednesday we were supposed to have like a monsoon of snow or something but all we got was slush lol. We did teach a 2.5 minute lesson outside before we gave up because the rain was pelting us and it was cold as all get out. 

We also started teaching a lady named Melanie and she is so amazing. She works a super demanding job that has her on call literally 24/7 which is crazy. She's been wanting to learn about the book of Mormon for a while now and we finally got ahold of her to teach a little about it. It was such a tender moment when she hugged the book and said she's been looking for this book. 

On Saturday we had interviews with President Bailey! Had a great talk with him on how we can find the right people in our area. Also discussed how to help specific companionships in my stewardship which was really helpful. 

Short on time this week but I love y'all and I love my mission. I'm grateful I get to feel the love the Savior has for each person I talk to. 

Jesus loves you, 

Sister Katie Troy 



me n boo
ctr in the thrift store



 yall this indian

turkey 

horrid pic of the pedestrian Bridge


No comments:

Post a Comment