Monday, January 16, 2023

Two In One

Hey yall!  

Mondays around here have been a little crazy so if you were expecting an email from me my apologies! The work of spreading the good word goes on. 

From the last couple weeks here's some highlights! 

Got to go to the temple with our friend Isabella! It was super cold outside but we made it and our hair only froze a little bit after doing baptisms for the dead so #blessings. For anyone not sure what baptisms for the dead is, we believe in performing proxy baptisms for anyone that didn't get the chance to be baptized while they were here on the earth. They get to choose whether to accept or decline the baptism on the other side :) God is merciful and loving! 

By the way I am still in Council bluffs, IA! Going on 7.5 months spent here while on my mission. Sister Mickelson and I are going strong and seeing the Lord's hand here in CB! 

We had a "funeral" for one of my friends Elder Peterson who finished his mission! I'll attach some pictures below but don't be alarmed it's just a really, really weird missionary tradition. 

MLC was last week as well so I got to see a lot of my best friends in the mission! We learned a lot about how to track our work in our areas and how we can improve. There was definitely a lot of logistical stuff talked about but I always leave feeling spiritually rejuvenated! 

Today Sister Mickelson and I went on a short hike and got a lot of stuff done! See pics below! Miracles are real people and God is still very much alive. I see the Lord's hand every single day and invite each of you to pray to see His hand in your life. The hike was a gentle reminder that God is in charge and He wants us to be happy. 

"Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy." 2 nephi 2:25

Now go out there and find joy! 

Jesus loves you, 

Sister Katie Troy 

Pics: , , , , 
gonna pretend that says joy

mlc 

temple


hike

funeral (did I already put this in an email? Idk)--
he's not really dead, he's just finished with his mission and going home!  haha


No comments:

Post a Comment