Monday, December 6, 2021

Hurray! Another Troy hits the mission field!

Hello to all our new and old friends of the family blog!  We haven't used the blog since our last missionary, so it's fun to rediscover how to use it!

Our youngest, Katie, decided to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She was called to serve in the Nebraska Omaha mission for 18 months beginning on November 23, 2021.  After a week of online training, she arrived at the missionary training center (MTC) on December 1, 2021. She is expected to fly to Nebraska around December 15th.

Every week missionaries have a day off from service that they call P-Day (preparation day). They call home, email, do laundry, grocery shopping, sightsee, hiking, etc. Here is Sister Troy's first P-Day letter!  She is currently at the MTC (missionary training center) for the next week or so. After that, she'll fly to Nebraska for the remaining 16 months of her mission. If you'd like to send her a letter (or a package) until December 14th, you can send it to the following address.  Missionaries LOVE letters!

Sister Katherine Troy
Nebraska Omaha Mission
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT  84602

Thank you for caring about our sweet girl. Your prayers for her happiness and safety is always appreciated.

Much love,

JD & Terri Troy

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I got up at 3am on Wednesday to catch my flight to Provo, UT. Luckily I had a buddy from my stake to travel with! Right when I got here we got to work asking the three essential questions: what's your name, where are you from, and where are you going. It's super fun to meet new people! The group of new missionaries I came in with was the largest since reopening after COVID. 600 new missionaries came in!! The funny thing is that the next group coming in on Monday is only 10 people. 

I super love my district (my group)! They are all sooo fun and smart. Our favorite activities include playing ping pong, and making fun of Elder Christensen. Elder Christensen broke his tailbone shortly before starting his mission and has to carry around a butt pad everywhere. Haha!! He's the funniest and a good sport about it all. 

I've been learning lots too! The biggest thing I've come to know is that it's all about Jesus Christ. He is my everything. And all I want to do is help people!! In any way I can. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you!!

My most recent favorite scripture is 3 Nephi 5:13 from the Book of Mormon. It says "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life."

Have a great week yall! Jesus loves you.

Sister Katie Troy

Longview friends Elder Moses and Sister Troy

My travel buddies Elders Moses and Jensen

Fresh off the plane and to the MTC

My ideal p-day shirt

my district gorls

More gorls...

piano concert

piano concert II

Piano concert III

my district at da temple

nerf or nothing at the MTC campus

New shoes=blisters

Sisters Troy & Tadlock

Beautiful Utah mountain views

MTC artwork

More MTC artwork

Christmas lights with her companion

More district shenanigans

Portrait of Sis. Troy by her companion

No comments:

Post a Comment