Sunday, December 12, 2021

Omaha, here she comes!

 Hey yall! 


Last week here at the missionary training center (mtc)! I leave for Omaha, Nebraska on Monday morning! This week has been plenty eventful. This week my companion was sick so we had to leave the mtc to go get covid tested. Negative!! Tender mercy on our way to the unfortunate doctors visit though. My sister in law, Julia (hi Julia you get a shoutout) was going to drop off some food for me at the mtc, but while we were walking to the doctors office, she passed us and I got to see her so that was fun!!

Another shoutout: got a package from mum and dad so that was awesome!! Missionaries love mail for whatever reason. Every time someone in our district (group) gets a package we do an "unboxing" haha. Imagine how excited we were when someone got a package full of a Christmas present advent calendar. SO MANY PACKAGES. 

Also, it snowed. A lot. It has been pretty cold here and the dumping of snow made it extra cold. So pretty though! God really did create the earth to be beautiful. 

A favorite scripture this week: Mosiah 24:14-15
14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.

God is aware of you and hears your prayers. I don't know what each of you is going through but I promise that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are walking with you always. 

Have a good week! Jesus loves you. 

Sister Katie Troy

***************************************************************************************************************************
NOTE:
If you’d like to send her a letter, Christmas card or package this is her mission home address until she moves into her apartment:

Sister Katherine Troy
Nebraska Omaha Mission
11027 Martha St.,
Omaha, NE 68144


me!!


temple :)


 missionaries are amused by anything

puzzle in the docs office

SNOW

my favorite learner Rob


No comments:

Post a Comment