Monday, December 20, 2021

Welcome to Tornado Alley, Sister Troy!







 Hey yall! 


First week out here in the Omaha Nebraska mission! My first area is the council bluffs Iowa area. I knew coming in that I could be in one of five states: Nebraska, south Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, or Kansas. I got Iowa on my first go! The next transfer is in 7 weeks, but usually they're closer to 6 weeks but Christmas made this one longer. 

First day I got here I got my Christmas present: a tornado :) I survived! It was my first time hearing tornado sirens so that was freaky, saw the sky turn green and dark at 12pm which is crazy. Also it was 70⁰ that day, today five days later it's about 20⁰. Midwest fun!!!

Miracle this week, we were driving down a really dark street one night and realized there was one house completely lit up with Christmas lights. We had to stop and say hello! The family had the most beautiful nativity on the porch out front. I am serving with a sister that speaks Spanish so that came in handy when this man answered the door who spoke Spanish. It turns out he worked on the landscaping crew at the slc temple for 20 years and is a baptized member of our church. He stopped attending a few years ago so we are so excited to make this new friend! 

The people here are so generous. The people that have the least give the most always. Everyone has pets, everyone smokes, and everyone is SO KIND. I have never experienced a community more genuine and courteous. 

Remember that the reason for the season this year and all the years past and in the future are Jesus Christ. 

Jesus loves you, merry Christmas! 

Love, Sister Troy 

So sorry, not many pictures this week!

plane to Omaha

Joe in assisted living for president

Apple crisp made by me myself and I (from memory I might add)



No comments:

Post a Comment