Monday, February 21, 2022

If ya ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

 Hey yall! 


Bit of a slow week. We had some rules change on how we teach people that has thrown us for a loop, but next week will be better! It has been unusually warm here at about 65⁰ for a couple days this week. So that's fun! 

I can't remember if I mentioned my friend Marcus, he is a Lutheran pastor I met on Facebook! We ended up giving him a church tour and he is super nice and just a generally kind Jesus-lover. We are hoping to take a tour of his church with our mission president soon! 

As a mission, we have a Facebook page called followers of Christ in the Midwest (if you feel so inclined to like the page I would not be upset ;) My companions and I help with the page and spent *several* hours making a post for the page. It ended up performing well so we have been happy about that! 

Yesterday we met Susan and Todd, some of our most quickly progressing investigators! They are so generous and gifted us one of their many many many plants (I'll include a picture). We most recently taught them about the importance of going to church! We read with them Alma 32:28-30

"28 Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.
29 Now behold, would not this increase your faith? I say unto you, Yea; nevertheless it hath not grown up to a perfect knowledge. 
30 But behold, as the seed swelleth, and sprouteth, and beginneth to grow, then you must needs say that the seed is good; for behold it swelleth, and sprouteth, and beginneth to grow. And now, behold, will not this strengthen your faith? Yea, it will strengthen your faith: for ye will say I know that this is a good seed; for behold it sprouteth and beginneth to grow."

If you're lazy like me or don't have time I'll summarize! If you have faith like a seed, it will grow if you give it sun, water, and soil. That sun, water and soil is church, prayer, and reading the scriptures! We call that CPR, keep yourself alive spiritually! 

Today for pday we played capture the flag so that was sick!

I hope yall are doing well! Make sure to perform spiritual CPR every day :) 

Jesus loves you! 

Sister Katie Troy


Valentine's Day chocolate!!

Susan and Todd (and plant)

sunsets 4 dayz

me n Arnie in capture the flag prison together :,(

Parkin in da font

most beautiful potstickers I ever did make



Video of me and my comps trying some strange South American candy my mom sent us. 
I've always wanted to try them.  Guess what?  No bueno.  0/10--would not recommend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment