Thursday, June 16, 2022

Cornfields and Chaos

 Hey yall! 


Howdy from some corn fields in Iowa! Last week were transfers and I got sent to the Logan Iowa area. I'm back in the same zone as my first transfer! So far the members of the ward and each of the people we're teaching are super nice. 

Wednesday we met up at the mission office to find out where we were going and with who. My new companion is Sister Miller and both of us are new to the Logan area so we are "white washing" the area, basically starting over. 

Our area is probably 15 times as large as my last area. Point to point my last area was 4 miles, this one is about 65. Scattered throughout are a bunch of tiny little towns with no more than a couple thousand people. EVERYWHERE there is corn. So much corn. And it's actually so pretty! Lots of rolling hills as far as the eye can see. I LOVE this area so far. 

The main event this week: we drove down to Papillion to attend a devotional with Gary E. Stevenson, of the quorum of the 12 apostles. Crazy stuff! The whole mission gathered for the first time in over a year to attend this devotional. It was an amazing experience and the spirit was strong. We learned a lot! It was funny to be back in my old area just a couple days after leaving, but so fun to see all my old companions and friends! 

Not a whole lot to tell about the area so far but we're working hard and figuring it out as we go haha! 

Have a great week yall and remember 

Jesus loves you, 

Sister Katie Troy 

Miller and I eating out because there wasn't anything except soy sauce and bread in the fridge

pear popsicle

back in da zone w my bestie and old comp Arnie

cute vid of the NOM (Nebraska Omaha Mission)


No comments:

Post a Comment