Saturday, June 11, 2022

the end of an era

 Hey yall!


Great week in the Nebraska Omaha Mission! 

This week we had our last lesson with Dave and his wife. SO sad but very grateful that I got to witness part of his journey. Asked him if he wanted to be taught, taught him, he was baptized, and now he is a wonderful and contributing member of our ward. Their family has been such a blessing to us missionaries and we've learned so much from them. I hope to be as dedicated members as them! 

Our friend Angelica invited us out to eat AGAIN. This time, at a legendary place. It's called Stella's and has been open for almost 100 years. Warren Buffett lives in Omaha and apparently Stella's is one of his favorite spots. Unfortunately there were no celebrity spottings that night but it was good food! 

Saturday we had the opportunity to teach a little bit at a stake youth activity. We shared some tips and tricks on studying the scriptures. The catch was that we had to do it in less than 10 minutes! The youth were great though and hopefully they had something to take home with them and test it out. This stake has some crazy awesome young(-er than me) people. 

This week was a long one, I won't lie. Since it is transfer week we worked Monday to Tuesday instead of Monday to Monday. That extra day is killer haha! Miracle Monday is magical though. Yesterday we were able to have a wonderful lesson with our inactive friend, Jason and committed him to join us at church Sunday. He's a great guy and I know the Lord will bless him for coming! 

My time in the Papillion area has come to an end. I finished my training and trained another missionary here in Papillion so it holds a special place in my heart. The city reminds me a lot of my hometown in more ways than one! I'm super excited to dive in to another area and get to work. 

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." Alma 26:12 

Jesus loves you! 

Sister Katie Troy

 big skies

W zone

papioview

 backyard BBQ pizza (yes that is coleslaw and baked beans)


No comments:

Post a Comment