Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Firehouse Fun!

 Hey yall! 

Great week in the great state of Iowa. We've had quite the sticky hot weather but we are persevering! Fortunately most of our work is done going from building to building but we spend a couple hours per day walking around. 

On Tuesday we visited a family out in the country to just say hello. The dad was the only one home and was just heading out so we briefly chatted before we left with an armful of cucumbers! He has this beautiful huge garden and had just picked a bunch of cucumbers fresh, and then handed them to me! We accepted them with lots of gratitude and we've been enjoying them all week. Ah the joys of the mundane. 

Yesterday we helped one of our less active members with some service. We stacked some wood speedy quick and had a couple hours to spare. We ended up helping him clean out the firehouse! He's a volunteer firefighter so he pulled the trucks and ambulances out of the shop and we got to cleaning. We took everything off the shelves, threw a bunch of stuff away, and put it all back together organized. It was lots of fun! He explained what all the equipment does and it was cool to help. 

This week is transfers! My companion sister Miller is leaving the area and I'm staying! I'll be training again so I look forward to meeting my brand new greenie tomorrow! I'm thankful I get to meet so many companions, it's been fun getting to know them and learning from their teaching and having loads of fun. 

Looking forward to another great week in the rolling hills of Iowa with a brand new missionary! 

Jesus loves you, 

Sister Katie Troy 


corn update

 more corn

dirt roads are no joke

scratch made pot pie by me myself and I

nice

cucumbers

walking in the heat

more corn

scriptures

cleaning the firehouse!

harper!

"Preach My Gospel" note I forgot from last week


No comments:

Post a Comment