Friday, July 8, 2022

leave the font running!

Hey yall! 

Crazy crazy crazy week this one. 3 of our friends got baptized this weekend so we spent a whole lot of time planning for those! When all I said and done I'm so thankful for that stressful week, there is nothing of greater worth than bringing souls unto Christ! 

On Thursday we had exchanges! I got to stay in Logan while my companion headed to council bluffs for the day. I had the pleasure of serving for a whole 12 hours with my old comp and bestie Sister Arnold. She is a gem. While we were together two of our friends got interviewed for their baptisms and passed! Tre'Von passed with flying colors and even impressed the elder interviewing him a little bit.

We had zone conference on Friday, so me and Arnie's comp reunion was extended another day and we sat together through a long, but amazing, meeting. We sat in those hard chairs from 8am to 6pm (with a few short breaks in between of course). We talked a lot about how to get our friends that have a set date to be baptized to actually get baptized. It was really good information and spiritually edifying. 

Saturday was Logan and Tre'Vons baptism! Sister Miller and I were so blessed to be a part of both of their Journeys. We didn't really have to work too hard for either of them! Logan comes from an active family so he was easy. Tre'Von had already been taught by some previous missionaries so we just had to finish up a few more things and he was already ready to be baptized. So cool to see them make that covenant with God. 

Sunday was fast and testimony meeting at church! The whole congregation fasts around 2 meals for a specific, prayerful purpose and donates the cost of the two meals they missed to feed people that need it. This usually happens the first Sunday of every month and an opportunity to share your testimony is given to everyone! We had a couple cute little girls share their sweet, simple testimonies of Jesus Christ. After church Harper was baptized! It was such a joy to teach Harper and hear about her aspirations to attend BYU and be a Cougarette someday. She's a cute kid and will go so far in life! 

Today for pday and the 4th of July my companion and I have mostly been relaxing. We did the usual pday stuff, talked to our family, and had a little BBQ with the sisters in the zone! It was fun to watch the fireworks a little bit and talk lots with family. 

This week during my scripture studies I had the opportunity to read 1 Kings 18. An AMAZING chapter that I would recommend to all of you. In my own words I'd say it's a huge power move for team God. If you need a spiritual uplift and motivation go read it! And if you don't- go read it! 

Jesus loves you, 

Sister Katie Troy 



another sunset

twin

Tre'Von

harpers baptism

bad firework pic we all hate during holidays



No comments:

Post a Comment