Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Tennis and the Temple!

 Hey yall! 

This week was a good one. Met my new trainee sister Klingler and we've been running ever since! Sister Klingler is super cute. She's an Idahoan with a love of horses and a hate for steamed vegetables. She's doing amazing and I can't wait for the rest of the transfer! 

On Thursday my comp and I went and played tennis with one of our friends which was loads of fun. My first time playing since being at home but I shook of the rust and I'm ready to go for this Thursday! 

On Friday night we had a lesson with the Liwai family and they fed us a LOTTT of pizza. For just the two of us they ordered a large pizza, breadsticks, and dessert. We're still finishing it 3 days later. We talked a lot about how they can be member missionaries and helped them find some friends they could reach out to. 

Saturday was our ward temple trip! We got to join our friend Tre'Von as he went to do baptisms for the dead for the first time. So happy for him and as always it was amazing to enter the holy temple! 

Last night we went to the far end of our area to visit the Hoskins family! They live in a farm in the middle of nowhere with an amazing view. Definitely the highest point in our area! 

I really liked a verse in the book of Mormon this week but I don't have enough time to put it in my email so I'll send a picture! 

Take time to be nearer to God today. He wants to hear from you. 

Jesus loves you! 

Sister Katie Troy 



Me and Kling at the farm
Kling

Tre'Von!

some cool stuff

Tre'Von at the temple

Visiting a member's farm horses

Beautiful Iowa sunsets

Hammocking

Rope swing at a member's farm


80 MPH?!

A farm helicopter

No comments:

Post a Comment