Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Gingers and rug burns in the MTC!

The latest email from Elder Troy....


Hey all! It's been a big week in the MTC!

My companion is Elder Chamberlain. They put us two redheads together! He's a very young Utah born and raised - 18 - but eager to serve. He's working hard and growing up fast. I want him to succeed so badly! Often times when my analytical spirit can't touch an investigator, his sweet and simple testimony will. We make a good team.

The MTC hasn't been as hard as I expected, but a big part of that is my being 21. A lot of these kids really struggle with getting up at 6:00 so that they can have time to shower and everything (not that most of them have to shave or anything, HAHA!) but I guess that after having a job or two where I needed to be up at 4:30, 6:00 is a piece of cake! 

The schedule here is CRAZY packed. I'm busy and watching the clock nonstop from 6 am to 9:30 PM. I don't mind the structure though. I know it drives some people nuts, but I think learning about strict obedience has been good to me. The more I try to be obedient, the easier the rules become and the more I'm blessed.

For example, this week I was instructed that Elders cannot wear patterned socks. Not even argyle or stripes. I was really wondering if that was something I even cared enough about to obey - but I realized, if I can't do something so simple that the Lord asks me to do, how can I ask someone to do something difficult, like give up an addiction? Or an unmarried couple to stop living together?

I know that as I've tried to be obedient, and lead my district of young elders by example, I've been richly blessed. 

Thanks for your prayers, and tell people back home and in ST G to send me their emails!


PS, if it looks like I have rug-burn on my face, it's because I do. We had a wrestling match I participated in, haha. I was not being the best example! Lesson learned.​


No comments:

Post a Comment